Re: Using jaws and recovery methods.

  • From: Claus Thøgersen <c.thoeg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 17:48:58 +0200

HI,

On my Linovo Thinkpad x60 there is a bakcup and restore utility called Rescue
and Recovery, as long as you can get into Windows both backup and restore works
with JAWS. There is a special menu if you cannot boot up but want to restore
aan image from the internal hard drive or an external disk, and to use this
function you need a sighted person.

I cannot find out if this product is only bundled with IBM and Lenovo machines
or if it can be downloaded or purchased and used on other hardware.

Claus