RE: To Braille or Not to Braille

  • From: "Dale E. Heltzer" <deheltzer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 12:44:17 -0500

Definitely *to *braille.

  _____

From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of jerry martin
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 12:25 PM
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: To Braille or Not to Braille

To All:
I am currently enrolled in the NFB Braille Transcription program and
have just made it to the halfway point in my lessons.  In some of the
of braille literacy and fluency.  However, I also have another issue.
In order to be any kind of teacher in the field of disabilities, you
have to have a teaching certificate.  And maybe I am putting the cart
before the horse in taking the transcribing course because I do not have
a teaching certificate.  But I have been in touch with a number of
public schools in my area and they are interested in utilizing my
skills, once completed, in the classroom.  So, in the words of Jesus
Christ, "fear not."  There is hope; as long as I do not run out of
Tylenol because learning braille is a challenge, at best.  It is like
learning English all over again.  Jerry