RE: To Braille or Not to Braille

  • From: "Harmony Neil" <harmonylm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:07:40 +0100

Know what you mean.  I've read braille since I was 5, or that's when I
started learning it anyway, so now find it easier to remember things if I
physically read the braille rather than just sitting there listening to jaws
or whatever.  To be honest, even if I was to listen to an audio book, I just
fall asleep after a while, so never really know what the book's about.
Also, it's easier to pick up mistakes when I read the braille or when a
sighted person reads the print (especially when editing website coding) than
it is to sit there listening to something and wonder why it's apparently
wrong.