Re: Sapi5 voices

  • From: larelishumate@xxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 22:47:18 -0400 (EDT)

I was wondering where I could download Mary and michael Microsoft Sam's
voice is pretty crappy if you ask me
     Laura Shumate

In a message dated 6/24/2010 3:22:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx writes:

The old  scansoft voices would work.  They used to ship with Jaws 8  and
9.  they also ship with openbook.  If you have openbook 8.0  you have
the voices on a cd.  YOu could also go on to cepstral or  nuance's
direct site and buy a voice or two.  I don't think they are  very
expensive.  There's a free sapi 5 voice out there called eSpeak  but
it's realy crappy.  It's the one that comes with nvda.  MIght  also try
downloading microsoft's other sapi voices like sam, Mary and  Michael.
Those are free.

HTH
Alex

On 6/24/10, Lisle,  Ted  (CHFS DMS) <Ted.Lisle@xxxxxx> wrote:
> If you save JAWS  installation disks, go back to (I believe) 9, and use
> the installation  menu to select the ones you want.  They work with
> Acrobat Reader,  and, if you have Vista or later, should work with
> narrator  too.
>
> Ted

JFW  related links: