PowerBraille and JAWS

  • From: "Salvas,Michel [NCR]" <Michel.Salvas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 10:12:59 -0400

Hi, all,

Just so you know: This morning, while I was installing JAWS  11 Beta at
the office, I got a very bad surprise: The PowerBraille 80 is no longer
supported through the serial port, but through the parallel port only.
I'm already using a Braille printer through my unique parallel port. I
wouldn't be surprised this would be the same for the PowerBraille 40.
The next computer generation will not have anymore parallel port. I'm
very upset at that Freedom Scientific decision.

Michel