RE: OCR Software

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:11:39 -0500

Hi Larry,

It's possible you already own one that may fit your needs.  MS Office
2003 comes with "office document imaging" which handles both scanning
and ocr'ing.  It can be found under the office menu choice, under it's
office tools menu choice.  It does a decent job, but has none of the
advanced or specialized features Dean mentioned (except that I think it
can import a pdf for ocr'ing).

Office 2002 has a more limited version of document imaging, and I don't
think it has the ocr capability.

hth,

Chip

Chip Orange