Re: New user of xp, questions

  • From: "Jack Lowe" <akronjack1982@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 01:17:14 -0500

Hi Chris,

Before you can get rid of the popping/static sound, you have to know what kind
of video card your computer has in it.
The way you describe the sound you're hearing, it sounds like a SoundBlaster
Card.  I too had that static noise, but got rid of it by installing some
drivers
from the gateway site.  I have those files saved in case I need them again.
I will tell you this, updating the drivers is something you have to follow to
the letter.  E-mail me off list if you'd like.  But first and foremost, you
have
to know what kind of sound card you're using.   Jack