Re: New computer with video card inconpatibility

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 08:40:55 -0500

I'm afraid I can't be of any help, but I will comment that I considered this
system and backed out because of the new video specifications it is using.
In the review that I read, the reviewer said he had never seen that type of
video card before.  The system uses a new type of slot for the video card,
and I doubt there are many choices.  As I recall, Dell had 2 cards that
would fit that slot.  There is no guarantee that the other available card
would work any better.  You might check for another driver for your current
card before you do anything else.  Whatever, you do, don't take too long;
you wouldn't want to go beyond the return period.

Gary
mailto:w4wkz@xxxxxxxx