RE: New computer with video card inconpatibility

  • From: Jean Menzies <jemenzies@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 17:25:44 -0600

Hey, I'm weeks behind in my messages but I've just gone through the exact
problem with a Del 8400 and the exact video card.  Perhaps you've found your
answer by now, but here's the scoop.  The video card works fine, so don't
panic.  As I understand it, many of the newer video cards with TV out
present a conflict for Jaws.  This happens because there are actually two
drivers, a primary and a secondary video driver.  You need to disable the
secondary driver so that Jaws knows to focus on the primary driver.
Otherwise Jaws gets confused.  Sorry that I don't know the steps to disable
this, but perhaps someone else does or you have found out by now.  I needed
to get sighted help to do it, as it was all before Jaws could be
successfully loaded.  But once that was done, Jaws loaded and works fine.

Jean