RE: New computer with video card inconpatibility

  • From: Jean Menzies <jemenzies@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 10:12:13 -0600

Hello John

Hope this gets to you.  Outlook 2003 is being a real bear for me and I don't
understand contact manager and address book.  Think I might go back to
Outlook Express.  The program is corrupted right now as something has gone
wrong with Business contact manager, and it's not working well.

But about the Del computer and the ATI Radion x300se video card.  Although I
can't say for sure as my sighted husband did the fix under direction, I
believe he just disabled the secondary video driver perhaps in the hardware
configuration set up under system.  I was very lucky in that the tech
support person where I bought Jaws from knew immediately what the problem
was and what the fix is.  I bought from Frontier Computing in Toronto,
Ontario, and their head technical support person is Martin.  He's a fabulous
guy.  I don't know if they would help you or not since you didn't buy from
them, but they helped us solve the problem immediately.

Is there someone you can have go in and check under your hardware profile
and monitor and see what the drivers are?  I do know we just disabled the
secondary video driver and all worked well from then on.  If we ever choose
to have a second video feed and re-enable it, then Jaws won't work.  But we
don't want to do that.

Oh, and since we have to reconfigure Outlook to fix this problem and I may
opt to set OE as my default e-mail program, I might miss some messages.  If
you get back to me and I don't answer, assume I didn't get the message and
try again.  I should be back up with some kind of e-mail by this evening.

Good luck.

Jean