Re: Missing JSB File From New Audible Scripts

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 07:36:39 -0800

Ken,
I've just reinstalled the files (complete with the .jsb file, as I did
yesterday) in Explore My Settings, rebooted my system, and launched audible
Manager 5.

Again, I can move through the programs in my list view of the Library
instead of finding myself stuck in the Details View.  But, as happened
yesterday, if I try to transfer a program from there to my Sandisk Sansa
M230, which Audible Manager is recognizing and reading (though I miss the
sound effect announcing that it's doing so, after its opening message that
the device isn't connected), I get a Windows error message announcing "The
parameter is incorrect," and offering me only an OK to click on.

If I try the same thing again, either using Control T or from the Devices
menu, nothing happens.  However, unlike yesterday, at least if I tab again,
I can still move about the interface normally, not getting stuck anywhere.

Now, I've twice downloaded and installed this copy of Audible Manager.  I
guess it's time to call Audible tech support again and ask what could be
wrong with this.

By the way, to my surprise, when I follow your hotkey suggestion and press
control shift b, the first thing Jaws speaks, although quickly masked by the
word "library," is "inbox."  I don't know where it is getting that word,
because I believe that pane has been renamed Library, hasn't it?  I mean,
the root folder of it?  Anyway, let it call itself whatever it wants to,
just so I can get in and out of there.

Okay.  Thanks again for responding, and now I'll contact Audible about the
file transfer glitch.

Regards,
Daniel