Re: Interesting E-mail Discovery

  • From: "Bill Powers" <powersradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 05:04:42 -0800

Jack,

If you choose to keep the text that was already in an e-mail when you reply
to it and there were already greater-than signs, they'll still be there
despite your changing options. It just won't put any new ones. You've no
doubt seen e-mails where you see ten greater-than signs per line so that
there's only room for one word on each line, and that's very annoying to
read.

For this reason, when I do send out a forward that needs to be copied, I put
the e-mail through E Mail Stripper which nicely formats the text without all
those greater-than signs and then I can forward that nice-looking document
on and it will be very readable.

Bill Powers