Re: Interesting E-mail Discovery

  • From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:07:45 -0500

Hi Devona,

The only thing that differentiates the BCC: field from the CC: or the =
TO: fields is that the names you put into the BCC: field will not be =
displayed. This means that I could put your address in the TO: or the =
CC: field and you would get the message and see your name in those =
fields but I could also put any number of names in the BCC: field and =
you would not know I had sent the message to them as well. They would =
see that I had sent the message to you and they would know they had =
received it but they would not see the others in the BCC: field either.

It has nothing at all to do with your address book. None of the names =
and addresses in any of the fields need to be in your address book.

Does that make it clearer?

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
DLeavens@xxxxxxx
Come and meet Aurora, Nakita and Nanook at our polar bear habitat.=20
----- Original Message -----=20