re: Inaccessible AVG update message

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 05:10:21 -0500

Liz,

Yes, I bit the bullet and downloaded AVG 7.5 yesterday. The 16 mb installation
file took about two hours to download, thanks  to my slow dial-up connection.

After installing it, I also found that it had merged with my earlier version of
AVG user settings.

To those who say AVG is an unreliable anti-virus program, I can only say that
from my experience, it is a great program, and is highly recommended by some
very knowledgeable people.

Alan

Liz wrote:
Hi Alan:

I did the update back in December I think it was when I first saw that
message and things have been working fine.  It appeared to simply overwrite
it and my configuration did not seem to be changed.  Mine just updated a few
minutes ago.  Take care.

Liz Wade