Re: IE 7 and JAWS

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 07:59:00 -0700

Benjamin,

First of all, thank you for reprinting all those Jaws instructions, which
will be helpful in my learning to use RSS technology. I'm already a skillful
user of the podcatcher Juice, and I understand that the RSS routine is very
similar in principle. It didn't occur to me to look for instructions in a
Jaws help topic, because I didn't think Jaws had any part in this matter
except for speaking that message.

But I'd like to make clear that I don't think either RSS or the notification
is senseless, per se. I didn't know that it was Jaws that displays that
notice including a button that has to be pressed in order to close the
message. I don't think it was odd of me to have felt confused by this. I
also wish that, if this was a purely Jaws feature intended to be helpful,
that there would have been more of a message, pointing the user to something
besides closing the message. Just a few words about where to look for
instructions, for instance. Had it not been for you, I might never have
found the information below.

Thanks very much.
thanks ,

Last, is this procedure only possible as described if you're using IE 7, or
is it possible to do the RSS thing according to these instructions in IE 6,
as well? I know you can do RSS in IE 6, but I don't know if the instructions
would be the same, or if they even exist in Jaws for use with that version
of the browser.