Re: How to make Jaws go in to sleep mode when openbook is active?

  • From: "Ms. E. M. Kirtley" <ekirtley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 20:16:12 -0700

It has been my understanding that with jfw50.844 if you choose a different
speech engine in Openbook Jaws will automatically go silent.  On the list I
read that on they said that wasn't true of earlier versions of jfw.
However, if you have to go in to the Jaws configuration manager and put it
to sleep in the "advance" option you will also have to check the "unload
synthesizer" checkbox.