How is working Office 2010 with JAWS 12? Other applications?

  • From: "Rik James" <Ohio1803@xxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 10:19:16 -0700

I am in that making a decision mode of not having any of the Office suite
programs on my new Dell XPS studio pc running on a 64-bit Windows 7 Home
Premium operating system.
It came with a Microsoft Works suite. I have not opened it yet. I wondered
if anyone could tell me, how is the Office 2010 suite programs working with
JAWS 12?  I have old Office stuff, the professional 2000 and the Office 2003
suites. I am assuming these Microsoft suites will not install or run on this
machine. And I do not know if the Microsoft Works Suite works at all with
JAWS.

A year or so ago I was told that the Open Office suite that you can get for
free will not work in JAWS. Is this still true?

It would be nice not to have to spend hundreds of dollars this year, just to
do basic stuff.

I am also trying to learn the newer Wordpad better, in particular how to use
the Paste Special Unformatted Text into the RTF Wordpad document.
Does anyone have experience with this?   I really got spoiled over the years
being able to copy text from a web page and strip out the formatted text
when pasting this way. If there is an alternative method, I would be
grateful to learn of it.

I also have been using Quicken 2009 on my now old, and nearly dead, XP Pro
machine. Though it was not always accessible in JAWS, I was doing mostly
alright with it. Any knowledge about the newest 2011 version of Quicken
using JAWS 12?  Or is there a better financial software program that is just
as good for your basic nothing fancy financial software? I have been
downloading from our banks and stuff, so I would like to be able to continue
that.  Anyone using that APH Money Talks program?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I am glad that spam day from outer space is over. My, my. What a load of
messages!

Rik

PS Thanks for the help with my cursor constantly losing focus problems in
Windows 7. I have not yet made much headway. But I am working on it, by way
of some of your helpful suggestions.

Alternative archives located at: