Re: Excerpting MP3 audio files

  • From: <shparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:39:25 -0600

MessageLarry,

Excerpting the sections from .MP3 files should be easy.  It will probably be as
simple as placing the start marker where you want to begin your excerpt, and
placing the finish marker where the excerpt should end.  Then you would choose
the "save selection as" item from the files menu.  But here's where the
potential problem lies.  If you want to save the excerpted segment as a >MP3
file, you will need the LAME plug-in.  The Goldwave website has ample
instructions on how to install it, and it isn't difficult.  I just thought you
should know that this would be required if you wanted your output to be a .MP3
file.

Honestly, I don't know if you can use Goldwave to do the actual burning to CD
or not.  I'm tempted to say no, but I'm not sure.  Of course, there are any
number of alternatives for completing that part of the job.

Steve Parker