Re: Buying a new system

  • From: Will Cummings <will.cummings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:20:37 -0400

Hi all,

As much as I'd love something the size of a tablet, without something to
read what the screen is saying, I most likely would be unable to use it.
I'll stick to laptops and desktops.

As for the rest of the info, much thanks to all contributors.  My
brother-in-law has told me several times that building my own machine would
be the way to go, but I'm not really confident enough in my computer
know-how to guarantee getting all the compatible hardware, let alone putting
one together.  Has anyone had any more success with one manufacturer over
others, ie is Dell better than HP or Gateway?

Will