RE: Buying a new system

  • From: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:35:16 -0700

Hi,
If you are looking for a laptop, try ones from companies such as HP, toshiba,
Gateway and so on. In my view, I would say a modest processor (around 2 to 2.4
GHz), a modest RAM (around 2 to 4 GB) and a good sized hard drive size (around
250 to 400 GB) and so forth. As for operating system, try Windows 7 Home
Premium or Professional. As for choice between 32-bit or 64-bit, it is really
up to you.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Joseph S. Lee
University of California, Riverside (sent from my HP iPAQ Glisten)