Accessible Forms In Microsoft Word

  • From: "Therese Gardner" <thewhitecane2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Listserve" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:47:54 +0000

OK, got another question for you guys.

I am attempting to create an accessible form in microsoft word. I actually
found instructions on how to do this on the
Freedom Scientific web site. Instructions appear to be very clear and easy to
follow.

My problem seems to be when attempting to fill out the form. I am not sure how
to explain the difficulty. It is not like
opening an edit field on a web page to fill out.

May be I am missunderstanding the purpose of creating the forms in microsoft
word. I am assuming that I can create
them and save them in word. I can then go back and have others fill in the
information using word and JAWS.

A friend doesn't believe that this is the purpose of creating an accessible
form. His thoughts are that you can make it
acessible in word, but then you need to put it on a web page for others to
access.

Any thoughts on the subject?

Is there a better way to create an accessible form in word?

I don't always have the ability to connect to the internet to access forms.

Thanks for all the help.

Therese

accessbile