[jawsscripts] where Jaws stores it's voice profile links to applications?

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 03:55:47 +1000

Hi mighty Scripters.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out here.
or tell me a better place that I should ask, other than emailing Jaws tech
support I guess. which might take a while?

The quick summary is, that I've gotten myself into a rather unpleasant
muddle here,
where I've now got an application, wordpad, in which I do most of my reading
and writing, associated with a SAPI 5 voice profile in jaws, connected to an
ivona voice whose trial has expired, and which now effectively totally
disables jaws whenever I start wordpad. with an onscreen silent
 warning to tell me that voice associated with the connected voice profile,
has expired and do I wanna go buy it etc.
With no speech at this point at all, to read that box. I need to fire
narrator to read it etc.

So, I need to somehow find what magic ini file, is making the application
to voice profile associations, and  delete the wordpad one, such that it
just uses the default profile, with eloquence attached etc.

Could any of you possibly point me in the direction of where such an
association might be hiding away?

Thanks much for any help.

Geoff c.