[jawsscripts] Re: Scripting alternative for highlight tracking if custom highlight does not work

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:47:12 -0700

This is what the confignames.ini file is all about, i.e., put in
something like boreland*=boreland.jss or whatever it is & you're
golden.

On 7/23/12, Bram Duvigneau <bram@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just want to thank you all on the good advise here.
>
> The custom script I wrote worked for a while, but suddenly stopped working.
> Some deeper investigation turned out that JAWS is being very buggy in
> determining a script/configuration name for an application. The application
> I was working on identified as "borland.vcl.dll". JAWS was sometimes trying
> to load "borland.jss" and "borland.vcl.jss" at other times.
>
> So, to make a long story short. Just putting a
> SwitchConfiguration("borland") in "borland.vcl.jss" ensured that I always
> had the expected script and JCF file loaded. After that I disabled my custom
> script and added a custom highlight… guess what? It worked fine!
>
> Please note that insert+q always says "borland.vcl.dll" every time, only way
> to check what really is loaded is putting some debug code in an
> AutoStartEvent. I hope you remember this whenever you face this bugginess
> and that it does not waste that much of your valuable time as it did for
> me.
>
> Bram
> On 19 jul. 2012, at 15:32, Jerry Posey wrote:
>
>> For some reason I had to do that to get it to read correctly is all I can
>> say. It might be because the program is written in cobol and is more like
>> dos program than a windows program. I've got other pieces of script in
>> the
>> same overall script that don't use the route JAWS to PC. I just copied a
>> piece of code to give you an idea of where to start.
>> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Bram Duvigneau <bram@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Thanks for your reply.
>>> Could you explain the routing of JAWS to PC cursor? If I read this
>>> correctly, the FindColors function would set the JAWS cursor to the
>>> found
>>> position if any, but before you speak the text you are already routing
>>> the
>>> JAWS cursor back to the PC cursor?
>>>
>>> Bram

>>> First

>>> reads
>>> by

>>> example

>>> __________�

>> --
>> Jerry Posey
>> Envision Industries
>>
>> *Career opportunities for people with vision loss*

Blame the computer--why not? It can't defend itself & occasionally
might even be the culprit
Jackie McBride
Ask Me Computer Questions at: www.pcinquirer.com
Jaws Scripting training materials: www.screenreaderscripting.com