[jawsscripts] Re: Scripting alternative for highlight tracking if custom highlight does not work

  • From: Bram Duvigneau <bram@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 17:59:50 +0200

Hi all,

Just want to thank you all on the good advise here.

The custom script I wrote worked for a while, but suddenly stopped working.
Some deeper investigation turned out that JAWS is being very buggy in
determining a script/configuration name for an application. The application I
was working on identified as "borland.vcl.dll". JAWS was sometimes trying to
load "borland.jss" and "borland.vcl.jss" at other times.

So, to make a long story short. Just putting a SwitchConfiguration("borland")
in "borland.vcl.jss" ensured that I always had the expected script and JCF file
loaded. After that I disabled my custom script and added a custom highlight…
guess what? It worked fine!

Please note that insert+q always says "borland.vcl.dll" every time, only way to
check what really is loaded is putting some debug code in an AutoStartEvent. I
hope you remember this whenever you face this bugginess and that it does not
waste that much of your valuable time as it did for me.

Bram