[jawsscripts] Suggestion for a script reading button names bassed on id's

  • From: Jeet <LoveForAll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JawsScriptsList <JawsScripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 23:20:03 -0700

Hello friends, in a software, jaws doesn't read the button names, just says:
"Button, Button and so on".
so, as I found the control ID of each button was different. I created a
function to read them,
Void Function ReadButtonNames ()
Var
;String SButton,
;this variable is global, so now disabled in script.
Int CID ;control id of the current window.
Let Cid = GetControlID (GetCurrentWindow ())
If CID == "21000" then
Let Sbutton = "Copy DVD"
SayMessage (ot_String, SButton)
Else
Let Sbutton = ""
EndIf
Return SButton
EndFunction

so now, I will include more buttons there, but first I need to creat a say line
 script that spels and read  the button name.
how should I go,
and was this function correct?
in fact, it is reading the name, but not indicating the window type (Button).
it says:
"Copy DVD"
instead of "Copy DVD button".
--
Contact:
Direct-cell: +919213153776

Get a free email account with anti spam protection.
http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/2