[jawsscripts] Re: Suggestion for a script reading button names bassed on id's

  • From: Jitendra <jeet.invincible@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 15:59:49 +0530

First, sorry for getting delayed, As I was unable to get mails from the list,

and now, How should I check  that SayObjectTypeAndText fires or not?
but I did IndicateControlType(wt_button,SButton," ")
without checking weather it fires or not, and JAWS said: "Copy DVD button, button."
Thanks,
You wrote:
Off the top of my head, I'd say see if SayObjectTypeAndText fires when you move onto the button. If it does, you can put your function call in there for automatic processing, and then call SayObjectTypeAndText from SayLine, for those times you are already on the button. As far as having it give type and all, replace the following line of code with the example: Your code:
SayMessage (ot_String, SButton)
New line:
IndicateControlType(wt_button,SButton," ")
Hope this helps!
Thanks,
Dennis Brown
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeet" <LoveForAll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "JawsScriptsList" <JawsScripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 2:20 AM
Subject: [jawsscripts] Suggestion for a script reading button names bassed on id's
block quote
Hello friends, in a software, jaws doesn't read the button names, just says: "Button, Button and so on". so, as I found the control ID of each button was different. I created a function to read them, Void Function ReadButtonNames ()
Var
;String SButton,
;this variable is global, so now disabled in script.
Int CID ;control id of the current window.
Let Cid = GetControlID (GetCurrentWindow ())
If CID == "21000" then
Let Sbutton = "Copy DVD"
SayMessage (ot_String, SButton)
Else
Let Sbutton = ""
EndIf
Return SButton
EndFunction
so now, I will include more buttons there, but first I need to creat a say line script that spels and read the button name. how should I go,
and was this function correct?
in fact, it is reading the name, but not indicating the window type (Button). it says:
"Copy DVD"
instead of "Copy DVD button".
--
Contact: