[jawsscripts] Re: HANDLING NON-SPEAKING CHECKED/UNCHECKED STATUS OF ITEMS, WAS Framing Easy CD-DA Extractor

  • From: Lennie Rinaldi <merlin739@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 16:16:14 -0500

Hi Sean,

With Easy CD-DA extractor, when you insert a CD, it is supposed to gather the artist name, album title and the song titles. I guess that some CD are not listed with the artist, album and track information. Usually this happens if I purchase a CD from a private artist. Another reason is that I can record a LP with GoldWave and burn a CD. Generally, the recording will be on the hard drive anyway. However, if my son record a LP for me on his computer, and burn me a CD, I then have to rip it on my computer.

He usually provide me the artist name, album title and song titles. I have a catalog software for all my CDs and when I manually enter the information there, I copy the CD information to MS word since the catalog program is MS Access and I cannot copy it directly to Easy CD-DA Extractor.

Once I have all the information in MS Word, I copy the artist name and paste it into Easy CD-DA, then that is followed by the album title and each song title. I have to go back and forth (alt-tab) to open up the artist name field (F2) paste it and hit enter and go back to Word to retrieve each title and go back to Easy CD--DA and open up the song title field (F3) and paste them.

As I mentioned, this is time consuming with so many key strokes, I was thinking of a shortcut key to shorten this process with a script.

Below is an example of the script to do this. I don't know if it can be further enhanced to do a better job.

Script PasteSongTitle ()

Var

string cKSF3,

string cKSESC,

string cKSCV

let cKSF3 = "F3"

let cKsESC = "esc"

let cKSCV = "CTRL+V"

TypeKey (cKSF3)

TypeKey (cKSCV)

JAWSHome ()

Pause ()

EnterKey ()

TypeKey (cKSESC)

EndScript

I hope that you get the idea what I am driving at. Let me know if you need anymore information.

Thanks,

Lennie

At 01:34 PM 3/6/2008, you wrote:
Hi Lennie:
I hav managed to getthe checked/unchecked status of tracks reading with
out using frames. Can you elaborae on the issue with copying and pasting
track title/artists, I'm not sure wht your getting at.
I also managed to speak the track status as it changes with the
spacebar.
Sean.