[jawsscripts] DOM assignments in JAWS Scripts

  • From: "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 21:50:51 -0400

Good Evening,
I have been playing around with manipulating Internet Explorer DOM objects in a
JAWS script.  I have noticed that JAWS seems to be able to handle only one
level at a time.  Therefore, I accomplished what I wanted with a series of
assignments.  I have never programmed DOM objects in an object oriented
language,  or any other language for that matter.  Is this normal?  Am I doing
something wrong?  An example is included below of a online DVR Scheduler search
page.

; Empty Search page has:
; testInput search field, "Title & Description" (byTitle) and "Channel"
(byChannel ) buttons
let oDoc = ieGetCurrentDocument ()
Let sURL = oDoc.url ; Creates the URL of the current page

; JAWS can not seem to assign directly like:
; Let oDoc.forms(0).testInput.value = sProgram

Let oForm = oDoc.forms(0) ; the only form with an edit field and two buttons
Let oButton = oDoc.buttons(0) ; first button, "byTitle"
Let oEditField = oForm.testInput
; Is this the same as:
; Let oEditField = oForm("testInput")
Let oEditField.value = sProgram