[jaws-uk] Re: Windows Live Mail, and Windows Live Essentials

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 15:23:24 -0000

Hi Norman.

There are problems it seems with many screenreaders running windows live and
this relates more to the way the program works rather than the ribbons.  I
would strongly advise you to get used to the ribbons if I were you.  I do agree
that it should be possible to carry on using the old system of menus and this
system was not broken so it probably didn’t need to be fixed and short cut keys
are difficult to remember but this interface is here to stay so if you want to
use windows in the future you could do worse than learn it!

Windows mail is really just part of windows live which also includes Live
Messenger (previously known as Windows Messenger).  This is quite accessible
though a little cluttered.

The old Windows Mail that came with Vista is still here but it is disabled.

Try going to the link pasted below and search on that page for windows mail
which leads to a zip file with details on how to get windows mail working and
some replacement files.  You need to be reasonably competent to do this but it
is worth while if you don’t have outlook.

Regards

Graham.

Graham Page

Home Phone: 0207 265 9493