[jaws-uk] What is a Trojan

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 21:09:04 +0100

Hi list, I have spoken to several engineers today and opinions differ about the nature of a Trojan, can some of you say what you think a Trojan really is. I do understand about the theory and the Trojan horse stuff, but did you know why the Trojan even after destroying it prevents you doing a system restore? On Saturday asking Gardner to help he killed of the Trojan as I explained it gave 2 awful screams, but it was impossible to do a system restore. The Desktop which lost Outlook Express and thousands of emails to my horror! would not respond to system restore either but it had not got the Trojan as it happens, it did not return in Run and the pathway for the executable, it had become uninstalled and needing finding under Ad and remove and

All the
came back
Please then explain about the Trojan any opinion missing emails then