[jaws-uk] Re: Selecting a line in Excel

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 20:31:16 +0100

Susan,

I didn't know this one - that's very neat, thanks even though it wasn't my
question!! (Smile)

Jamie

From: jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 10:36:01 +0100

Steve,

I tend to select spread sheet information by going to the first cell to be
copied, then hold down the Shift key followed by pressing the End key
followed by the arrow key for the direction you want to select in.  In this
case it would be hold down Shift, press End and then press the Right Arrow
key.

You may need to repeat the End followed by Right Arrow a few times until you
have selected all your data.  You need to keep your Shift key held down all
through this selection process.  When selected, just copy and paste as
normal.

Having said that, you may get some odd results when pasting into an email as
cell information is retained as well as the raw data.  What I tend to do to
get rid of this problem is to copy and paste first into Notepad and then
immediately copy and paste from there to where I want it to go.  This leaves
me with just the raw data information and none of the extra cell
information/formatting.

Hope this helps.

Jamie