[jaws-uk] Re: Microsoft Update failing to install

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:39:02 +0100

Hi
I had the same problem a few days ago. I phoned Microsoft and an excellent
Indian girl working in New Delhi talked me through the problem. I hope I'm
not giving away secrets here but she said to log onto
www.microsoft.com/genuine, then look for the link 'validate windows' (I
think it was windows or XP' - you'll find it if you go to the links list
(insert and f7). This came up with the message  that I was validated and I
could then go about instituting the updates. It's strange because having
activated successfully it is weird that we can't update - it even suggests
that we have an invalid version.

If this doesn't work just go onto Microsoft as  they don't charge for this
as its a validation issue. Maybe our non-activated Jaws is responsible, but
I'm lothe to activate it until the end in case I run out of ILM keys and
can't get any more.

Hope this works for you.
Regards.
Gordon McFarlane