[jaws-uk] Headings on websites

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws-Uk" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:47:30 +0100

Hello,

I find it frustrating when on a website I press, say, 2 to get to the next
heading level 2 and JAWS says "No next heading level 2 in this section".
Because I quite often want to jump to the heading of a certain level on the
*page*, not in the current *section*.

e.g. on a site I'm using at the moment - www.theregister.co.uk - they use
heading level 2 for the headline which is the part of the content I want to
read.  So I want to jump straight to that so try to by pressing 2, but JAWS
won't move and says "No next heading level 2 in this section".  So I have to
just keep pressing h which is annoying/time consuming as there are several
other headings I'm not interested in.

Does anyone else find this annoying and is there any way around it?

Catherine
**
Skype:  darkitude
MSN:  catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx