[jaws-uk] File Types and Folders or Documents

  • From: "Mark Smith" <mark.smith1974@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 21:53:50 -0000

Dear all

Not sure if these two issues are  a Jaws issue or a windows issues?

1. How can I please find out with JFW 7.0 what types of documents I have stored
on my PC, ie, a Doc format file, a PDF format file or an HTML format.  I am
aware that documents have file extensions after their names, but jaws does not
seem to be reading this out to me?

2. When I am arrowing around the files in either owners documents or on my "C"
drive, is there a way in which jaws can tell me if the file name is either a
folder or document please?  I think there is a different type of visual symbol
on the screen, but can not hear Jaws telling me if I am on a folder with files
in it or an actual file document.

Many thanks for any help with this query.

Best wishes

Mark