[jaws-uk] Re: File Types and Folders or Documents

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 07:35:33 -0000

Mark,

There are two questions here.

1. Is the information I want on screen? Christopher and George have
mentioned how you can make sure this is so.
2. How do I get JAWS to read it? JAWS automatically reads out the whole
line for the first item you land on in a list view, but for subsequent
items it only reads out the file name itself, which is all that is
highlighted. Insert + UpArrow is the JAWS keystroke for reading out the
whole line and this should get you the other information that appears on
screen.

Steve