[jaws-uk] Re: File Types and Folders or Documents

  • From: "Mullins, Chris" <Chris.Mullins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:35:33 -0000

Mark
I don't know what operating system you have and it may be slightly different
for others but this is how I set the 'show file extensions' when displaying
folder lists in Windows 2000.

1 On start menu press enter on 'Settings' (this is Documents and Settings in
XP)

2. Press enter on 'Control Panel'        Find 'Folder Options' and press
enter

Press Control + tab until you are on the 'View' tab

Press tab once to get into the treeview and press alt+down arrow to open it.

Arrow down until you hear the option 'Hide file extentions for known file
types' and use the space bar to switch it off.

Note there are other settings listed here which may be of interest to you)

Tab to 'OK' and press enter

HTH

Chris