[jaws-uk] Re: Oops 2nd try. Support worker looking for advice

  • From: "TIDDYogg" <oggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 20:52:48 -0000

Len, you can download the latest, or any, version of Jaws from the FS site, and it will work in demo mode, ie will give you 40 minutes between reboots, which ain't much, but might be enough for you to familiarise yourself with the brute.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Len Morrison" <hourn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Hazel Flannigan" <hazel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 16:22:09 -0000

Hi Len, I am a relatively new JAWS /computer user. And the first thing which really helped me was learning to touch type. I know it sounds basic. But things seem better once you can find the keys! The next thing that I found helpful was creating some simple word documents. Playing around with the navigation keys changing the appearance of the document, learning to save the information using the spell checker and so on. It will not happen at once but simple things first and then you can build up the tasks as the programme becomes more familiar. Hope this is of some help to you! Best wishes, Hazel.
----- Original Message ----- From: Len Morrison To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2005 3:56 PM
Subject: [jaws-uk] Oops 2nd try. Support worker looking for advice

Hello All
I find myself in the position of support worker for VI people studying IT, nominally Jaws users but new to it themselves. Training by my employer doesn't seem likely so I'm looking for suggestions.
I've printed out the Jaws Help lists of keystrokes, also Navigation Quick Keys, but I'm finding it just too much to take in. The use of headings, tables, columns, fields, etc. is particularly confusing as many webpages don't seem to be set up to include them.
I'm hoping that someone on here can direct me to, or provide, material that offers a simple introduction; Basic Steps; Getting Started; that sort of thing.
Len
** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe] ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to: ** jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ** and in the Subject line type ** unsubscribe ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the ** immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq] ** or send a message, to ** jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq