[jaws-uk] Re: Accessible mp3 players

  • From: "Scott Wood" <scott.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:42:10 -0000

Hi tristram

When you say Macintosh are you meaning the computer desktop thingy, coz if
you are, then OS10 (known as Tiger) is perfectly accessible as they have
introduced a built in screen reader which by all accounts is very good and
extremely responsive as it is the operating system and not a bolt on like
Jaws.

My wife is talking about getting a Mac and I am very interested in seeing
how it works for me.  Ultimately, this has to be the way to go, where the
screen reader is an integral part of the OS and not a piece of software that
is squeezed in.  I'd be interested to hear what others might think.

Regards ... Scott