[j-say list] Re: Vocabulary problem

  • From: "Gary Wunder" <gwunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 12:07:05 -0500

Good afternoon, Ed.  I tried using the phrase National Federation of the
Blind to represent national federation of the blind, but that did not seem
to work.  I actually use the vocabulary editor as well as the mywords
utility.  I assume that the mywords file is checked each time Dragon comes
up and is checked against whatever profile is open.  What I find so strange
is that this profile worked perfectly well in the middle of July.  It has
only recently started to manifest these difficulties.  It seems to also have
trouble figuring out how to do title capitalization.  It seemed to know that
it was not supposed to capitalize articles or prepositions so I could say
that I wanted it to capitalize National Federation of the Blind, use the
That command, and national, Federation, and blind would be capitalized.  I
use this as an example of an organization name that was not already entered.

I suppose the other way to try and get around this is to use a text node,
but I told Brian that this version does not allow me to use text notes.  It
says that it adds them, it shows them in the list, but it simply doesn't
respond to them.  It takes what I last had on the clipboard.  I hope that
these updates begin to address some of the problems that I'm seeing.  I am
not sure how significant J-Say is in the product scheme for the new company.
There was a time when the beta list was very active and there was little
question that J-Say was a centerpiece of the company.  I have the sense that
the move to Astec may be focusing Brian on other activities.  I understand
the business realities of this, but I do have to say that when a person
becomes dependent on a piece of software, it's awfully difficult to move
away from it.

Warmly,

Gary

P.S. do you know of a way to repair Dragon and do you recommend it?