[j-say list] Vocabulary problem

  • From: "Gary Wunder" <gwunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "j-say List" <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 13:17:53 -0500

I am having a strange problem that I doubt has anything to do with the J-Say
interface, but I listed here in the hope that someone will have seen it. I
think I saw something similar recently, but it was related to Outlook 2013
and I am using 2010.

What I am finding is that words I have entered into my vocabulary seemed no
longer to be retained with the case I have specified. When I say national
federation of the blind, all of this is entered in lowercase. This is so,
even though the organization's name appears in mywords.txt and even though
it has also been added to the vocabulary manually with the case in which I
wish it to appear. This does not mean that all of the words that I have
added to the vocabulary fail to work. I have a friend named Shelia who
spells her name differently from the way other people spell Sheila. I
therefore have created a phrase called Sheila friend, and when I say it the
name is spelled Shelia as I want it to be. So, I can consistently reproduce
the problem of Dragon ignoring the case of things that I have sometimes
painstakingly entered, but I can't say that it is ignoring everything in my
words or that I have added using the vocabulary editor. Any ideas?

Gary