[iyonix-support] external USB hard disk

  • From: "Jochen Konietzko" <JochenKonietzko@xxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 08:36:04 +0200

Hi,

a colleague just showed me an external 40 GB TrekStore hard disk (very neat -
organizer sized, power via USB) which he uses mostly for backup purposes.
For interest's sake, I plugged it into my Iyonix.
Straight away a new hard disk icon appeared; the root directory was visible,
but from then on hardly anything worked:
-most files inside directories had no name or a completely garbled name,
-most files could not be copied - DOS FS error
-some files could not be copied - various error messages
-one directory with lots of files caused the Iyonix to freeze when I opened it.

Does this mean that external USB hard disks don't work at all on the Iyonix, or
that just this one doesn't work, or... what?

Regards,

Jochen