[iyonix-support] Re: Strange Noises

  • From: Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:46:52 GMT

In message <4f62c67e59chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> My Iyonix has suddenly started making odd noises. I've never noticed
>> it before but in the last day i've noticed some quiet-ish crackling
>> sounding noises.

>> At first I thought it was my speakers picking up some interference
>> or the modem/router doing something odd, but the source of the
>> noise seems to be the coming from the Iyonix power supply area.

> A fan may need a drop of WD40?

Thanks for all the suggestions, will look into those over the weekend,
the noise sounds like static electricity.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but it seems to be
most on common on a fresh boot up and then after a while when the
machine has been on the noise disappears.

It's never made the noise before, but I have just moved the machine
from one room to another, could this have anything to do with it ?

Thanks for everyones advice, much appreciated.

cheers
Matthew

--

 Message sent from an IYONIX www.iyonix.com