[iyonix-support] Re: Networking Iyonix and A3010

  • From: Terje Slettebø <tslettebo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 22:45:54 +0200

>From: "Tim Powys-Lybbe" <tim@xxxxxxxxx>

> In message of 5 Jul, Terje Slettebø <tslettebo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I've got an Iyonix and an A3010 with an Ethernet card, and I'd like to
> > network them together, preferably so that I also can be connected to
> > the Internet. Furthermore, I have a switch between the Iyonix and the
> > router, and using the Iyonix on the Internet works just fine.
> >
> > However, I have next to no knowledge about linking Acorn/RISC OS
> > computers together, so I have a few questions I'd be grateful for
> > answers or pointers to (the Welcome Guide doesn't cover them, and
> > neither does the PRM, from what I've found, anway, as they may well
> > have been developed after the PRMs):
>
> Chris Evans posted this list of useful sites some while back:

<snip>

Thanks for the fast feedback and the pointers, from both you and John. I'll
read up on this.

> You have not said what version of OS you have on the A3010.  You may be
> well advised to get hold of the Universal Boot from:
>
>   http://acorn.riscos.com/riscos/releases/UniBoot/

Thanks for the advice, I'll get that one. It's using RISC OS 3.1.

> As you have found, your problems are not with the Iyonix so the best
> discussion place is the newsgroup c.s.a.networking

Right, good point. I figured it was kind of an Iyonix support issue, given
that it involved standard Iyonix software (ShareFS, etc.). However, I see
that I could have posted it at the mentioned newsgroup, instead.

Regards,

Terje