[iyonix-support] Re: Networking Iyonix and A3010

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 17:17:18 +0100

In message of 5 Jul, Terje Slettebø <tslettebo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've got an Iyonix and an A3010 with an Ethernet card, and I'd like to
> network them together, preferably so that I also can be connected to
> the Internet. Furthermore, I have a switch between the Iyonix and the
> router, and using the Iyonix on the Internet works just fine.
>
> However, I have next to no knowledge about linking Acorn/RISC OS
> computers together, so I have a few questions I'd be grateful for
> answers or pointers to (the Welcome Guide doesn't cover them, and
> neither does the PRM, from what I've found, anway, as they may well
> have been developed after the PRMs):

Chris Evans posted this list of useful sites some while back:

> Helpful RISC OS networking information can be found at:
>
> http://www.mjpye.org.uk/networking/
> http://www.heyrick.co.uk/mynet/index.html
> http://www.riscos.org/networking/index.html
> http://www.bigblue.demon.co.uk/smbclient.html
>
> For Omniclient queries see:
>
> http://www.heyrick.co.uk/mynet/omni.html
> http://www.foggy.co.uk/networking/omni.html (may be dead now)
>
> NTL cable
> http://www.tinshill.f9.co.uk/ant/cable.htm

Paul Vigay's site at riscos.org is almost certainly the most up-to-date
with these.

You have not said what version of OS you have on the A3010.  You may be
well advised to get hold of the Universal Boot from:

  http://acorn.riscos.com/riscos/releases/UniBoot/

As you have found, your problems are not with the Iyonix so the best
discussion place is the newsgroup c.s.a.networking; but I can't
set followups from within a mailing list! (or can I?)

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/