[iyonix-support] Iyonix network card failure

  • From: taffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Elwyn Evans)
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:47:29 +0000

Hi All,
This is the first time I have needed Iyonix support so thank heaven I chose to
receive it on my trusty RiscPc.
For a few days the Iyonix would not connect to my network/Broadband router
(Netgear DG834) on bootup but would after a reset. Yesterday it took several
attempts to get the LED on the router to light up but the Iyonix reported
"Socket not connected" at all tries to reach the Internet, and Pinging the
router or RiscPC gives "No route to host". All of which makes me think my
network card has failed.
So to the nub!  Is the Iyonix network card replaceable or is this a return to
Castle Job?
Additional Info.  *InetInfo gives "Resource usage:  Sockets active 10.  Packet
forwarding in operation."
--
   / \._._ |_  _     _  /'       Orpheus Internet Services