[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix network card failure

  • From: David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 17:08:32 GMT

In message <ef83fb804e.steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip - network not starting.]

>I've got a small BASIC program in my boot sequence that checks the
>network interface as soon as it starts and offers an immediate
>power-down if there's a problem.  Sometimes it can take three or four
>attempts to get things going, which is a pain.

I would be grateful for a sight of that program, or even a clue. I have
never managed to think of a test to detect the network.

The network here rarely starts first time. I shift-start the machine to
the * prompt. If the light is on on the router then I only need to type
!Boot. Mostly I leave the Iyonix at the *prompt to warm up a bit then
recycle the mains switch, after the kettle has boiled. It always, 99.9%
that is, starts second time around.

The machine is then left on for the rest of the day.
--
David Pitt.

Computing with RISC OS.