[iyonix-support] Re: Increased instability of OvPro with RO 5.16?

  • From: John Sandford <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 22:45:18 GMT

In message <4d55c97b4e07c763e150.rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

>> The variable holds the address of currently selected Directory,
>> possibly something you are running has unset it.

> Wait a mo, something fishy here...

> You say the error means that the CSD is 'unset'.

No, said what the variable is, I suggested this might be a cause.

> On a freshly booted up Iyonix, (and one that can load OvPro onto the
> icon bar) I can find no trace of any system variable 'Fileswitch$
> ADFS$CSD' using !SysVarMan v.1.02 to search for it (saved as a text
> file).

You can find it by issuing *show

> And *cat reveals that the CSD is 'unset' ordinarily.

> And when I shutdown, the computer did not generate the above error
> message.

> Does this get us anywhere, or are we going around in circles?

> Perhaps by 'unset' you mean 'set'?
If unset is acceptable perhaps the path the variable had been set to
was not found or is corrupt, its also possible that OvPro had
corrupted some memory when it crashed and this caused the error and is
an effect rather than cause.

John

--
John Sandford   West Herts   UK