[iyonix-support] Re: Increased instability of OvPro with RO 5.16?

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 18:55:32 GMT

In message <4d55c97b4e1ac455e150.rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

>>> What is the significance of the System Variable error message?
>> The variable holds the address of currently selected Directory,
>> possibly something you are running has unset it.

> Setting CSD to something other than UnSet has no effect on whether
> OVPro loads, so this line of enquiry is a red herring.

> Something else is stopping OvPro from running every time ...

>> I am running all the above and have no problems with OvationPro here.
>>
>> John

The only times I have seen type 5's have been in conjunction with
MessengerPro being loaded and closing down MessengerPro has sorted the
issue this was with RISC OS 5.14 and below.

I have 512Mb in my Iyonix and was think if this was one of the RISc OS
memory issues/clashes that caused the problem.

Doug

--
Using an IYONIX pc and RISC OS 5.16, the thinking person's alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.