[iyonix-support] Re: Increased instability of OvPro with RO 5.16?

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 21:06:02 GMT
On 29 Jan 2010, John Sandford wrote:
> In message <4d55c97b4e504633e150.rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> I have noticed an increased instability of OvPro (v. 2.77) with RO
>> 5.16.
>
>> It has happened thrice now.
>
> [snip]
>> On shutting down, the Iyonix issues an error. This may be
>> significant??
>> It says : "System Variable 'Fileswitch$ ADFS$CSD' not found"
>
>> What may also be significant? is that I have FAT32FS installed and
>> also ROOLs new faster USB drivers for reading memory cards on USB,
>> whatever they are called.
>
>> Any ideas?
>
>> What is the significance of the System Variable error message?
> The variable holds the address of currently selected Directory,
> possibly something you are running has unset it.

Wait a mo, something fishy here...

You say the error means that the CSD is 'unset'.

On a freshly booted up Iyonix, (and one that can load OvPro onto the
icon bar) I can find no trace of any system variable 'Fileswitch$
ADFS$CSD' using !SysVarMan v.1.02 to search for it (saved as a text
file).

And *cat reveals that the CSD is 'unset' ordinarily.

And when I shutdown, the computer did not generate the above error
message.

Does this get us anywhere, or are we going around in circles?

Perhaps by 'unset' you mean 'set'?

--

Cheers
Roger