[iyonix-support] Re: Help - May be my last message

  • From: Mark Syder <marksyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 10:23:14 GMT

In message <6f4de4294e.Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

> From bad to worse
> instability crept in after installing a DVD writer.
> To stablize things I put back the old CD writer & successfully
> created backup iso-images with !fbackup.
> Now when I start up I get some disc errors but most things seem to
> work - hence the email. Unfortunately when I try to Burn the DVD it
> says "operation not supported" Have I damaged that as well?

You haven't said what sort of DVD writer you've bought: CDVDburn doesn't
support all makes/models. I use a LiteOn and it works without any problems.

In fact, you haven't even stated that you're using CDVDburn. Sorry if this
question is stating the obvious, but you have upgraded to CDVDburn haven't you?
The CDburn that comes with the Iyonix will not burn DVDs.

Assuming you have upgraded, I think it would be better to post the question on
the CDVDburn list.

--
Mark Syder (like the drink but spelt different)

www.onlinegenie.net